» openSUSE package search bookmarklets
If you find yourself often searching for openSUSE packages in your browser (as I do, although I typically use the Webpin CLI client for that), you might be interested in adding the following bookmarklets to Firefox and/or Konqueror:
- search almost all openSUSE package repositories for 10.3 packages using Webpin (includes the Build Service, Packman, suser-jengelh, guru, ...)
- search the openSUSE Build Service for 10.3 packages
- search the openSUSE Build Service for 10.2 packages
- search Packman for packages
- either drag&drop the links above to your Bookmarks Toolbar, or right-click on the link and pick "Bookmark this link"
- find the link you just added, either in the Bookmarks menu or on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- right-click and select "Properties"
- in the "Keyword" field, select a short 1, 2 or 3 letter acronym that's easy to remember (e.g. "pm" for Packman search, "wp" for Webpin, ...
- right click on the link above you'd like to add, and select "Copy link address" to have it in the buffer
- in the menu, select "Settings" and "Configure Konqueror"
- click on the "Web Shortcuts" icon on the left
- make sure that "Enable Web shortcuts" is enabled
- click on the "New" button
- enter some meaningful name for the "Search provider name" field, e.g. "Packman search"
- paste the URL you've just copied into the buffer in the "Search URI" field
- as with Firefox, define a 1, 2 or 3 letter acronym that's easy to remember in the "URI shortcuts" field (e.g. "pm" for Packman search, "wp" for Webpin, ...)