Friday, July 02, 2010

» opensuse-community.org an attack page

Apparently, the wiki on our opensuse-community.org website has been compromised. At least, so says Google ;) Well yeah, the blame is on me, the Mediawiki instance there is really, really outdated and I didn't keep up with security patches and upgrades. Sorry about that. I just spent a night installing the most recent Mediawiki version on another server (the one hosting the whole opensu.se sites), and moving over the content (I didn't keep the history though, we hardly need it). Until the DNS entry of opensuse-community.org is transferred to the other IP address, I've put a global URL forward to w.opensu.se Once the transfer is done, I shall poke Google to re-assess the security on the domain, and remove the current "attack page" protection. In the mean time, to avoid the safe browsing protection in Google searches, Firefox and Chromium, use the URL w.opensu.se It also hosts the subpixel repository and the 1-click-install YMP files. Just so you know. We're taking care of it. Slowly, but we do ;)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Visiting http://w.opensu.se/SubpixelHinting results in:

The website at w.opensu.se contains elements from the site opensuse-community.org, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for opensuse-community.org.

23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So then, was it really an attack? or it was only a Google mistake?

Well, I commented this all on my blog, but if it's the first case I think I must chage my post a little.

http://blog.pucp.edu.pe/item/104339/google-en-contra-de-la-comunidad-opensuse (In Spanish)

11:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home